Biodynamic Farm Tours for School Students
Welcome to Warrah Biodynamic Farm, the only biodynamic farm in Sydney, where students can experience a unique and educational tour focused on sustainable organic agriculture. Our 90 minute tours, priced at $20 per student, offer an immersive experience that aligns with the NESA curriculum, providing valuable insights into biodynamic farming and inspiring ideas for school gardens.
Why Choose Warrah Biodynamic Farm Tours?
- Sydney’s Only Certified Biodynamic Farm: Did you know that you have Sydney’s only certified Biodynamic Farm in your local area? Give your students an excursion with a difference. Learn about organics, biodynamics and local agriculture.
- Educational, interactive and hands-on tours linked to the curriculum: With plenty of opportunities to get their hands dirty, it’s the most fun you can have learning about sustainability, agriculture and science.
- Social Impact: By choosing our tour, you support a social enterprise dedicated to empowering people with disabilities. With an onsite specialist school, and adult support services, we are experienced in catering to the diverse needs of children, and adults, including people living with disability. In addition, all revenue raised by Warrah Farm benefits Warrah’s disability services.
- Accessible and easy to book: Convenient onsite parking, and accessibility for less mobile students. For bookings or questions, fill out our booking form.
- Organic farm shop onsite: extend your tour with an optional visit to our organic farm shop.
What to Expect?
- Our interactive tour features a guided exploration of our biodynamic farm, where children discover sustainable farming practices, and principles for growing delicious and sustainable food.
- Get up close with our farm chickens and cows while gaining insights into healthy, organic farming.
- We’ll delve into the farm’s secrets, such as inviting pollinators, supporting decomposers, and transforming waste into compost for happy, healthy soil.
- This tour seamlessly integrates sustainability into the classroom, offering a hands-on experience aligned with the NESA curriculum.
- Each tour includes a fun seasonal activity
Seasonal Activity with Every Tour
Choose from a variety of seasonal activities tailored to inspire students:
- Make a flower seed bomb to take home and plant in your garden
- Pick some delicious strawberries (Spring/Summer only)
- Prepare the farm beds – learn the secrets to a productive crop
- Discover nursery tricks – Pot a plant to take home
- Sewing sunflowers, including a small pack to plant at home or school (Spring/Summer only)
- Learn the secrets to rich soils through compost building
- Pick some zingy citrus (Autumn/Winter only)
- Tours are available on Tuesdays and Wednesdays during term time, from 10am to 11.30am. For alternative days or times, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will do our best to accommodate you.
Minimum 15 students, maximum 30 students
School tours are $20 per student. All proceeds go directly to supporting individuals living with disability to lead engaging and fulfilling lives. As a non-profit disability organisation, our tour fees help us produce the finest quality organic produce, as well as provide work experience opportunities for our participants and students with disabilities.
Free Attendance for Teachers and Parent Supervisors
We believe in the importance of educators and supervisors. Teachers and parent supervisors attend our tours for free.
What to Wear?
Closed shoes and sun protection are recommended to ensure a comfortable and safe experience.
Parking and Accessibility
Convenient onsite parking available.
- As a disability organisation, we appreciate the need for accessibility. Please speak to us if you have any accessibility requirements and our tour can be adapted to meet your needs.
What People Say About our Farm Tours?
“Thirty 15-year-old Cape Byron Rudolf Steiner students spent a wonderful week at Warrah Specialist School and Farm this November. Amongst the many highlights was the morning spent working with Steve on the farm. He gave our Class 9 students a tour of the farm, from the flower beds of vibrant snapdragons to paddocks of cow manure collected for biodynamic preparations. He then got them to work harvesting strawberries, weeding the chard tunnel and pitchforking cow poo into the barrow. What the students loved most was sitting under the shade of a tree and yarning with Steve, who was generous and patient in his sharing of knowledge about the land, biodynamics, farming and sustainability. Several also enjoyed getting to pack boxes and help out in the shop. Thank you, Steve and Warrah Farm!”
-Cape Byron Steiner School
Booking Enquiry Form
Set Yourself Apart with Warrah Biodynamic Farm Tours
Experience the magic of biodynamic farming and inspire a new generation of eco-conscious leaders. Book your Warrah Biodynamic Farm Tour today!