At our recent harvest festival, over 100 people in our community gathered to share this delicious soup, made with ingredients harvested from our very own biodynamic farm. Perhaps you would like to give our hearty soup recipe a go!
Ingredients for 15 people
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 2 brown onions, finely chopped
- 1 celery bunch, leaves removed, stem finely chopped
- 1 chard bunch, leaves and stem finely chopped
- 3kg potatoes, peeled, cut into 2cm cubes
- 1 leek bunch, pale section only, washed, thinly sliced
- 4 tbsp. rosemary, finely chopped
- 5L vegetable liquid stock
*Depending on the size of your saucepan you may have to halve the recipe and cook in 2 batches.
- Heat olive oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the onion and cook, stirring, for 3 minutes or until the onion softens.
- Add the celery, chard, potato, leeks and rosemary, season with salt and pepper and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until vegetables begin to soften.
- Add the stock, increase heat, cover and bring to the boil. Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, for 20 minutes or until potato is tender. Remove from heat and set aside for 10 minutes to cool.
- Transfer the soup to a blender jug, or use a stick blender, and purée until smooth.
- Season with salt and pepper.
We enjoyed it served with our own fresh organic sourdough bread!