We are pleased to announce that we are now taking registrations for our first Backyard Veg Workshop Series!
Keen to up your veggie gardening game, but still not completely sure about a whole lot of things?
- I’ve watched 100 videos on YouTube and now I really don’t know where to start!
- I can’t even keep houseplants alive, how could I reliably grow my own food?
- Composting sounds like the right thing to do, but I am nervous about the mess.
- My veggies do well at first, but then it kind of peters out.
- The bugs got to my plants and I quit because organic means no pesticides, right?
- So many tools at the garden centre – where do I start?
- Where can I source good quality supplies?
Sign up now for all or some of our new hands-on veggie gardening workshops. Just imagine how much you could learn by having an experienced, local biodynamic farmer guide you through a full cycle of backyard veg growing! The course consists of a series of four workshops – one for each season. Each workshop will be have a maximum of 15 participants getting their hands dirty right here on our farm.
Rob Greatholder was Warrah’s Farm Manager for 6 years before moving into his current role co-ordinating our social therapeutic horticulture programs. Rob has been farming and gardening for the last 15 years. Having undertaken the Diploma of Biodynamic Agriculture training in the UK, he has worked on many different scales and projects in different parts of the world, from broad acre biodynamic farms and market gardens, to 1 acre no-dig permaculture models and off-grid community reforestation projects. More recently, the focus of his work is around connecting people to landscape and developing opportunities for engagement and wellness through farming, gardening and natural building.
The series is made up of 4 workshops (more details available on our events page)*:
1. Getting Started Saturday 29 August 2020 from 9am to 3pm
2. Spring Into Action Saturday TBD late October 2020 from 8:30 to 1pm
3. Summertime Saturday TBD Early February 2021 from 8:30 to 1pm
4. Autumn, Preparing for Winter Saturday TBD April 2021 from 8:30 to 1pm
* Dates subject to change in inclement weather
More information and bookings:
Contact: Debbie Tschepen
Phone: 9651 3869